The workshop is co-organized by The Norwegian Agency and for Development Cooperation (Norad) and the Global Book Alliance on March 27th, 2018 from 14:00-15:30 pm in Room 9 and will take place during the Mobile Learning Week (MLW) at UNESCO, Paris, France.
The GDL is now in its final stage of development and user testing before it will be launched in late April. At the time of launch, the Library will hold reading resources in approximately 10 languages, whereas by the end of 2020 this will have been expanded to more than 100 languages. The GDL will also facilitate translation and localization of these resources to more than 300 languages. All resources available on the GDL will have been quality assured in accordance with quality standards set by the Global Book Alliance.
In this workshop, we will give an introduction to the project, a live demo of the platform, and we will go through GDL content categories and quality assurance standards.
Agenda for the workshop:
- Introduction to the Global Book Alliance, Brooke Estes
- Introduction to the Global Digital Library, Liv Marte Nordhaug
- Demo of GDL web and native app, Christer Gundersen
- Demo of translation and localization features, Christer Gundersen
- Panel discussion with collaborating partners:
- Asia Foundation, Kyle Barker
- Learning Equality
If you are attending the conference, we are looking forward to seeing you at our workshop. Please confirm your participation by 17th March 2018, by filling out the registration form.